Keep me inspired.
Sign up for updates & insights.
The Edelman Trust Barometer – Trust at Work
- Trust at Work is a fundamental rebalancing of the employee employer relationship, shifting from top-down control to one that emphasizes employee empowerment.
- Globally, “my employer” (75 percent) is significantly more trusted than NGOs (57 percent), business (56 percent), government (48 percent) and media (47 percent).
- More than three-quarters (76 percent) say they want CEOs to take the lead on change instead of waiting for the government to impose it.
- 73 percent believe a company can take actions that both increase profits and improve economic and social conditions in the community where it operates.
- 67 percent of employees expect their employers to have a greater purpose and desire to have a job that creates a meaningful societal impact.
- Australian employees who have trust in their employer demonstrate greater advocacy (80%), loyalty (71%), engagement (69%) and commitment (87%).