Keep me inspired.
Sign up for updates & insights.
Edelman Trust Barometer – Competence and Ethics
- The foundation of building trust is based on competence (delivering on promises) and ethics (doing the right thing and working to improve society).
- The battle for trust will be fought on the field of ethical behaviour. Ethical drivers (e.g., integrity, dependability, purpose) are 3 X more important to company trust than competence.
- Business viewed as the only competent institution, holding a 54-point edge over government. However, NGOs are perceived as the only ethical institution with business lagging behind NGOs by 21 points.
- Belief driven buyers choose, switch, avoid or boycott a brand based on its stand on societal issues.
- 73% of employees want to have a say in the planning process and the opportunity to change the society..
- Chief executives can no longer focus exclusively on shareholder returns as stakeholders demand greater social and environmental responsibility.
Focus: #trust #agility #resilience #stats